Who are Brave?
We’re dedicated and passionate about creating awesome projects. We are a team of specialists who are proud to deliver bespoke work for our clients. We cover all things from branding through to digital and we’re able to fuse them together with real synergy.
As an Integrated Agency, we don’t outsource, we keep designers and developers in-house to ensure we create high quality, well rounded and fit-for-purpose solutions for every one of our client’s requirements.
We take time to discuss our clients’ needs and plan out every step before we start each design, marketing or digital project. We never stop thinking about the user journey and always push ourselves to deliver results. If you’re looking to join the team and think you may have the required experience to strengthen our team, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll typically be the sole front end developer on your projects, taking full ownership from a development standpoint, but with the full support of the various teams. The role will be tailored to the successful candidate, as we are looking for someone with a passion for front end development, a keen eye for detail, and a good fit for the agency
- Ability to accurately estimate tasks, and not afraid to flag issues early.
- Attention to detail when replicating designs, whilst using development best practices.
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Ability to manage multiple projects within agreed timescales.
- A passion for your craft.
- Experience developing bespoke themes on software such as WordPress / WooCommerce or Shopify.
- Experience working with Git on platforms such as GitLab / Hub, using the CLI or GUI.
- Experience with CSS naming conventions such as BEM.
- Familiarity with design tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, InVision.
- Ability to understand and diagnose issues that occur within Browser Testing (such as using BrowserStack) and resolving these issues.
- An understanding of Accessibility, why it’s important, and how to implement it.
- A working knowledge of how to build sites with performance in mind.
- Experience developing bespoke Shopify Themes using Liquid.
- Working knowledge of build tools such as Webpack, Grunt, Gulp.
- Experience with Linting and formatting tools such as ESLint, Stylelint, Prettier.
- Working knowledge of Headless Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Contentful or Prismic.
- Working knowledge of Integration Testing suites such as Cypress.
- Good knowledge of SSH / SFTP.
- Experience using CI / CD.
- Knowledge of DNS, Basic Server management, and email setup.
- Experience writing Unit Tests.
Why join Brave?
Out of all the other agencies out there, why should you choose BRAVE? Well, aside from being a really friendly bunch of normal people:
- Performance related appraisals.
- Super fun team outings.
- Flexible working hours – subject to discussion.
- A competitive salary based on skills, experience and value.
- 32 days annual leave including Bank Holidays.
- Extra day off for your Birthday! We care ?
- Flexibility when you really need it.
- Gym and country park on the doorstep.
- Located in one of the more prestigious business parks in the Peterborough area.
- We’re a team, we love working together and challenging each other. This is how we produce the best possible work for our lovely clients.
- Copious amounts of milk, coffee and tea, 5 days a week.
- “Lunch on the Boss” day – subject to team/business performance.
- Optional workplace pension.
- We’re connected, Brave is situated within easy commutes from the A1 and A47, plus only 45mins from London.
Please note only UK based candidates will be considered for the front end developer role due to the client-facing nature of the work. No recruiters please, direct applicants only.
Impress us – send us a portfolio of the work you’re most proud of along with your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you.